Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dear President Obama: Please release my records



July 24, 2011

President Barack H. Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington , D.C, 20500

Dear President Obama:

I am writing to you for help with an important problem which I cannot solve by myself, despite all the Freedom of Information/Privacy letters I have written over the years, and those written by my attorney to various congressional investigative bodies.

I am a graduate of the University of Chicago (Ph.B. 1950 and Ph.D. 1954). a retired neurophysiologist, and I have done research and taught physiology to college and medical students and to graduate students at Rockefeller University, Tulane University School of Medicine, Louisiana State University School of Medicine, University of Texas at San Antonio and other colleges in Louisiana and Texas .

In 1963 I was a Postdoctoral Fellow of the National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Blindness (NINDB) of the National Institutes of Health. At scientific biomedical meetings in April of 1963 where I presented a paper on my research, I met Jose A. Rivera, a science administrator from the NINDB on the Grants and Awards committee responsible for my Fellowship. He invited me to visit his home for dinner and to meet his family when I was to come to NIH in Bethesda on my way home to New Orleans. I never met his family or went to his home because he took me to restaurants and gave me a sight-seeing tour of Washington while he spoke about President John Kennedy, his policies on civil rights, and about his impending assassination

On November 24, 1963, I gave all my information to the US Secret Service Agent in Charge of the New Orleans office, John W. Rice, and to FBI Special Agent Orrin Bartlett from Washington, liaison from the FBI to the Secret Service and the White House. Mr. Bartlett telephoned his headquarters and field offices there and in Baltimore, ordering them to pick up Rivera and bring him in for questioning. I fully expected to be called to testify before the Warren Commission, but was not.

My attorney offered my information to Senator Frank Church and his Senate Committee on Intelligence, who were not interested, and later to Senator Daniel Inouye who was interested, but his staff aide was reluctant to subpoena Rivera for the committee. He then wrote to Representative Louis Stokes and to Representative Richardson Preyer of the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA), but received no reply from either one.

In late 1984 I met an FBI Special Agent who asked me to write a very brief account of my experiences in 1963 which he was to send to FBI Headquarters with his cover letter and a copy of my curriculum vitae. These were sent in 1985 and neither one of us heard anything from the FBI. I sent an FOIA letter to the FBI in Washington, and they replied they had nothing on me in their files, which they had said prior to this mailing and in years before and much later. However, after the passage of the JFK Collection Act in 1992 and the creation of the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB), a staff member found these mailed materials, not in FBI files, but in the files of the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) which had ended its activity in 1979, six years before these materials had been sent to the FBI! They were meant to be hidden, or to be saved for some historian 200 years from now to discover. The materials are now preserved in Box 18 in the Douglas Horne’s Military Files Section of the JFK Collection in the National Archives II at College Park, Maryland. I am also mentioned on page 109 of the Final Report of the ARRB, and on its list of testimonies page.

I believe Jose A. Rivera, a former US Army Colonel, was one of the traitors and conspirators who plotted and murdered President John F. Kennedy. These traitors, in government positions in the military and intelligence and their financial backers, wanted to destroy Kennedy and his administration because he was working for economic improvements for all peoples, for Democracy, and for world-wide Peace and harmony. These were not goals of his murderers and War profiteers. Many of them can be linked to the conspiracy to overthrow President Roosevelt and our system of government in order to establish a fascistic dictatorship in 1933-1934, just thirty years before 1963.

What I wish to ask is that you, with your Executive authority and power, ask the relevant agencies, the National Archives, and the National Declassification Center to release
FBI, Secret Service, and CIA and Congressional documents, audio tapes, film/video recordings, in their possession which relate to me, Adele E. Uskali Edisen, and to Attorney Jack Peebles, and to Jose Alberto Rivera, and Winston de Monsabert, and Grant Stockdale (friend of John Kennedy, whose death after the assassination was predicted by Rivera in April of 1963).

Members of the Subcommittee of the 2010 House Oversight and Government Reform Committee have copies of a summary statement written by me, and an analysis of Jose Rivera’s Military Personnel File written by Attorney Dave Robertson. I traveled to Washington in March of 2010 to urge the House Subcommittee to have open hearings on the JFK and other assassinations, but they apparently decided not to “rock the boat.”

I hope you can understand why I have finally had to write to you.

November 22, 2013, about two years from now, will be the 50th Year Anniversary of the death of President Kennedy, and all documents and records currently withheld from the public’s access should be made available to the American people. We have a right to know our true history.

Sincerely,
Adele E.U. Edisen, Ph.D

No comments: